Honoring Tradition. Embracing Innovation.
Mazapan School instills excellence and honorable character, inspiring curiosity and empowering students to achieve goals and emerge as value-driven citizens.
Mazapan School nurtures and prepares students for higher education and life by encouraging social responsibility, creative and critical thinking, self-reliance, citizenship, and respect for world cultures.
We believe the educational process should:
- CREATE a caring, healthy, safe, and non-biased environment where learning will be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- VALUE human diversity and the multicultural community it serves.
- CELEBRATE individuality, uniqueness, difference; the student first and foremost.
- SHARE a vision of excellence with parents, students, and faculty through high academic expectations / achievement.
- PREPARE students to continue on a quest of lifelong learning and intellectual curiosity.
- ENCOURAGE personal responsibility, respect for self and others, character development, and growth towards becoming responsible citizens.
- provide an educational program similar to those offered in the highest level schools in the United States to adequately prepare all of our graduates for a successful academic experience in the universities of their choice.
- foster the educational development of all students and help them prepare for future leadership positions in the political, social, educational, and business arenas of any country where they will reside.
- provide a cross-cultural learning experience to help students become members of the international community.
- organize and carry out a variety of activities conducive to the maturation of the thinking processes, the development of the three R's (in both English and Spanish), the promotion of self-direction, the acceptance of responsibility, the growth of positive self-concepts, and the cultivation of human values.
- promote moral and ethical values, which will serve as guides to desirable conduct in students' personal, family, and community life.
- develop an understanding of cultural diversity.
- provide a critical basis for the appreciation of the creative and fine arts.
- promote good management of finances, property, and natural resources.
- provide a learning atmosphere in which each child feels accepted as an individual and is permitted to discover his/her potential and to experience success at his/her own pace whenever possible.
- provide experiences for the student's physical, mental, social, and emotional growth.
- prepare students to successfully function in an information society dominated by an ever-changing technology.
- emphasize and foster pride among students in their Latin heritage and culture, particularly in Honduran customs and traditions.
We seek to:
- create a challenging intellectual environment for exploring the arts, humanities and sciences.
- inspire a desire for knowledge, promote habits of industry and thoroughness, and encourage a willingness to take risks in the pursuit of learning.
- provide students with the skills necessary for effective learning as they search for the inherent connections among the disciplines.
- develop the ability to present the outcomes of research, reflection, analysis and synthesis in creative and original work of the highest standard.
- cultivate receptivity to technological change and the ability to apply appropriate technology.
- engender and nurture an appreciation for the customs and attitudes of diverse cultures.
- help students develop standards of mature and responsible behavior and the qualities of good judgment and sound decision making.
- instill a commitment to physical well-being through participation in games, exercise and sports.
- build self-esteem by providing a variety of opportunities for students to experience success.
- encourage leadership, cooperation and service as preparation for life in an increasingly interdependent world.
The Pelican Advantage
Our teachers are comprised of a blend of 60% Honduran nationals and 40% United States/ Canadian teachers which provides opportunities for immersion into native English learning and culture immersion
Mazapan school believes in promoting service and caring for others and participates in a variety of service projects throughout the year.
Mazapan School is owned by Standard Fruit de Honduras, a Dole subsidiary, providing stability, standards of excellence, and ensures quality.
Highly Qualified Teachers
All teachers hold a bachelor's degree or higher, with the majority of our teachers possessing a master’s degree in education or a specialized field.
Mazapan School maintains a reputation for quality and remaining current on innovations in education. Students are held to high standards in academics, conduct, service and character.
Technology Rich Campus
Legacy of Excellence
As a small school, students are individually known by staff members and other students. Our family-like environment ensures that each child is known and advocated for by various staff members.